Sophie Turner sues Joe Jonas to return kids to ‘forever home’ in UK as divorce battle heats up

[ad_1]

Sophie Turner has accused estranged husband Joe Jonas of refusing to let their two young daughters return to their “forever home” in Britain, a bombshell lawsuit filed on Thursday in New York shows.

The pair split earlier this month after four years of marriage.

They have two children.

Since the couple announced their divorce there have been ongoing commentary as to why the marriage broke apart, reported the New York Post.

A source close to Jonas, 34, told entertainment website TMZ that a factor in the break up was Turner’s alleged desire to party while Jonas was content to sit at home with the kids.

But those close to Turner, 27, hit back saying it was Turner who wanted to remain at home but attended events with Jonas despite feeling “uncomfortable”.

Now the Game of Thrones star has claimed Jonas is keeping hold of their kids’ passports — despite previously agreeing that the girls, aged 3 and 1, would live in the UK amid their split, the suit filed in Manhattan federal court alleges.

Turner and Jonas allegedly had an agreement that she would come to the Big Apple and collect their daughters after she wrapped filming a project in the UK, the filing states.

But when the actor arrived on September 17, Jonas allegedly wouldn’t let the kids leave.

“The Father has prevented the children’s return to England, which is a breach of the Mother’s rights of custody under English law, England being the children’s habitual residence,” the suit says.

Spokespeople for Turner and Jonas didn’t immediately respond to The Post on Thursday.

This story appeared in the New York Post and is reproduced with permission.

[ad_2]

Leave a Comment